Wednesday 5 September 2012

Shamelessness and ManyFest

This past  year, I had the opportunity to work for the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ as their PR intern. Not only did I get to hang out with some pretty amazing people, but I also learned some very valuable skills.

During this summer I was given the task to coordinate an event that would interrupt the press conference for one of the biggest festivals this city has to offer. Of course, I'm referring to ManyFest. ManyFest is a collection of entertainment, arts, community, and healthy living that takes over Broadway on September 7th, 8th, and 9th.

The best part of the festival is the wine tasting, but that's just me.

Dancing in the street
Courtesy of Poster


 The press conference for ManyFest was on September 4th in front of the Fyxx on Broadway. If you weren't there, or didn't catch it on the news, here's a video-link to watch:

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/other/2012/09/04/manyfest/

As you can see, the press conference gave a little taste of what's to come, and that little flashmob there- I coordinated it! And it makes me immesaurably proud and shameless to say so. Furthermore, the amazing Reanna Joseph from BOSS Studio chereographed the dance and I will shamelessly promote her as well. She's fantastic.

Although it was one of the most anxiety inducing assignments I've been given in a long time, it also was the most exhillerating, exciting, and fulfilling one as well.

For more information about ManyFest, please visit the website at http://www.manyfest.ca/.

I'm assuming I will see you this weekend, then?


Becky

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Awesome summer job. Was thinking of hitting up the wine tasting myself :)

    ReplyDelete