Tuesday 11 September 2012

"Time spent with cats is never wasted"

Time spent with cats is never wasted - Sigmund Freud

I recently wrote a blog on how much I love cupcakes, and now I want to share with you how much I love cats. I honestly don't understand how anyone could not like cats. Unless your allergic, but then again I'm allergic... so... that's a wash. There's no excuse.

My oldest cat Puff died this summer. He was nineteen years old and outlived his life expectancy, according to the Vet. He was a trooper though, and had some serious attitude. He had this expectation that he should be carried around the house like an Egyptian Prince- I'm not lying, he would cry if you ignored him.

He was a great cat and it was heart-breaking to let him go.

Puff, Ashley, and I

Feel free to giggle at our matching outfits. Although I'm truly surprised my mom didn't make a matching one for Puff too.

Anyway, I always love prowling (pun!) the internet for interesting cat-related delights. Today I came across "Colourful Cats- The Art Of Painted Kitties" on the website So Bad So Good


As you can see, it's pretty cool. One would say puurrrfect (okay I will stop. It was reaching, I know). ANYWAY, Heather Busch and Burton Silver, who look to love cats as much as me, created these amazing pictures through photoshop. I recommend following the link: 


I know cat memes, pictures, tumblrs, blogs are a dime a dozen, but if you have anything to share with me I'd love to see/ read it! And if you have Instagram, check out nala_cat. It's one way to lose hours. Seriously.


Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. I also love my cats :) keep me company when i'm home alone and they always want to cuddle! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, you should check out all the funny cat things they have on Etsy. My favourite find so far is this shop which sells hats for cats! My cats would never be okay with this, but this woman's models seem pretty content.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ToScarboroughFair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that link is amazing. My cats like to wear t-shirts, so perhaps they would enjoy wearing a hat as well. Complete the look. Thanks!

      Delete