Saturday 9 February 2013

Oh hey, Flo


When I like a song, I get obsessed. 

A lot of people do. It's perfectly normal. We just want to listen to it all the time. And I do. I will keep a song on repeat for the duration of what I'm doing.

Whether it's cleaning my room, driving from Charleswood to the Exchange, or checking my email/Facebook/Twitter/Perez. I listen to that particular song over and over again.

Right now I’m obsessed with Calvin Harris’s Sweet Nothing featuring Florence Welch.

If you follow me on Twitter @rarimuth, I’ve tweeted about dancing with cat in the morning to this song. And for the record (great pun), my cat loved it. It was a bonding experience.

The song is excellent. It’s like We Found Love, the Calvin Harris-Rihanna smash hit from 2011, which of course I was obsessed with as well, but more sobering.

I always enjoy a song that is incredibly upbeat with incredibly sad lyrics. I find that the juxtaposition is a reflection of life for a lot of people my age. We’re not always ready to get drunk and party and then hook up with a whole bunch of people.

No.

I think the relationships we already have can be too exciting- and exhausting. Partying is just an extension of this. Plus we’re students, we’re poor. We won’t be popping Grey Goose and Patron on a G6.

The video for the song is haunting- a mini movie. Florence Welch is striking with her red hair and high cheekbones dressed as a man performing in a strip club. Not to mention that her voice is inspiring, and consistently elicits my jealousy.

Check it out and feel free to tweet me your thoughts:



No comments:

Post a Comment