Saturday 8 December 2012

SWEDISH MEATBALLS!

Hey folks,

So, I finally had the honour of visiting Winnipeg's first Ikea store! It was, surprisingly, not as crazy as I had imagined it would be on a Saturday. In fact, it was quite pleasant.

I gingerly went from floor to floor, showroom to showroom, expecting to see a gaggle of people fighting over a blue and white decorative pillow. Alas! No one was. I roamed Ikea without all the hassle I was expecting.

I enjoyed the arrows on the floor. It's impossible to get lost, and if someone did I would totally throw some serious shade their way.

I have to say though, I almost blacked out and went on a shopping spree for my imaginary apartment that I want. Those showrooms are deadly and full of frivolous purchases for someone still living with their parents. No joke.

Although I didn't buy anything this time round, I did make my way to the Ikea Restaurant and Cafe and had the meatballs, which I haven't eaten since I lived in England. While I enjoy mine more well done, it  was a nice throwback to yesteryears. The brown sauce was as a delicious as I remember and, unlike my sister, I had mashed instead of french fries... because you don't have this meal with fries! It's mashed!

All in all, not too shabby for a Saturday morning. It beats laying in my bed for the majority of the day doing nothing. Here's to being productive. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment